FUNNEL's first six exhibitions collectively raised over $10,380 for G.L.I.T.S., Brave Space Alliance, Woodbine, Crafting The Future, Activation Residency and Hurricane Ida Relief Funds. Learn more about past exhibitions in our archive.
FUNNEL was founded in the summer of 2020 by a cohort of creatives and has since become a certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit in New York, NY, with branches and communities extending to Chicago and Los Angeles. The current organizers of FUNNEL are Hannah Sklar, Leah Yassky and Molly Sheffield. As an online marketplace, FUNNEL does not claim or keep exhibition proceeds but rather serves as an intermediary between artists, online consumers, and the organizations we pledge to support.
If you would like to directly support FUNNEL you can donate through our donate tab. All donations are tax-deductible and the necessary paperwork will be provided. If you are interested in learning more about our practices or nonprofit status please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value the community FUNNEL has built through the web and welcome any feedback or inquiries.
The process of making this site would not be possible without inspirational mentors and teachers. We want to acknowledge the team behind artforphiladelphia.com and Meg Onli's work as inspiration for this project.
As an artist sending work, how will I coordinate and pay for shipping?
FUNNEL pays for the cost of shipping. After a piece is purchased, FUNNEL will reach out to you over email with a shipping label you can print at home and shipping instructions.
As an artist shipping work, how do I package it correctly?
Each original work is unique and requires individualized packing. Here is a link that provides several methods for packaging artwork.
As an artist shipping work, what happens should the work get lost in the mail? Will I be compensated for damages?
If work gets damaged or lost, FUNNEL will work to reimburse the buyer and artist.
As a buyer who purchased work, what happens should the work get lost in the mail? Will I be compensated for damages?
FUNNEL will negotiate with the buyer in supplementing the damaged or lost artwork with new art, if at all possible. However, because all work being sold on the site is unique, there is no guarantee that a suitable replacement will be found.
If I am a digital artist, do I need to independently print my work? If so, will I be reimbursed? What if I don’t have access to a printer? Is there a way to just sell and send encrypted digital files?
Artists are responsible for printing their digital blueprints. FUNNEL is working on raising money to cover the cost of printing for artists who cannot afford to do so, but as of now artists are responsible for this cost. (If you are a digital artist with experience in this regard and are willing to share your method, please reach out to us!)
Are there restrictions on mediums of art that can be submitted?
There are no restrictions on the mediums of art that can be submitted. We encourage submitting small/medium works and works on paper to assuage the high cost of shipping.
Are all submitted pieces put on the website?
Not every submission will be chosen to be sold on the website. This is mainly due to our limited capacity as a small organization, and our mission to design visually thoughtful exhibitions showcasing our artists’ best work.
How does FUNNEL support itself?
As a registered nonprofit corporation, FUNNEL does not claim any of the profits for personal or organizational use. We rely solely on funding from grants and potentially fiscal sponsors to support artists’ shipping costs and all other business operations.
How can I get involved with FUNNEL?
If you are an artist, please consider submitting work for donation! While not every piece is accepted, we are always on the lookout for new work to sell for each exhibition cycle. If you are a consumer, please consider buying. If neither of those categories feel currently accessible, send us an email at email@example.com, or sign up for our email list to stay up-to-date with all of FUNNEL’s happenings.
Will my suggested organizations be supported?
We take your recommendations seriously. Because we only donate to one organization at a time, it will take time to consider and potentially support all suggested organizations. We are always open to talking with you about any organization you feel is in need of urgent support.
Will I be notified if my piece is put on the website?
Yes! You will receive an email once you have completed the submission form indicating that we received your submission. If you are selected for the website, you will receive a second email notification.
How often will FUNNEL put up new art?
The rate at which artworks sell will decide how frequently we rotate organizations and put up new artwork. As of now, there is no set timetable.
Access to and use of the text, images, and other files on this website are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Software, data, documentation, electronic text and image files, audio and video clips, and other material are protected by copyright laws and may be covered by other restrictions as well. FUNNEL retains all rights, including copyright, in data, image, text, and any other information contained in these files. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the material on this Website may also subsist in individuals or entities other than, and/or in addition to, FUNNEL. FUNNEL expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this Website, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright laws, and as described below.
2. Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for noncommercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, and news reporting. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from FUNNEL's website for such uses are welcome to do so with FUNNEL's express permission. Users must cite the author and source of this material as they would material from any printed work; the citation should include the URL: www.artfunnel.com
FUNNEL does not warrant that use of the materials displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties not affiliated with FUNNEL. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using text and image files from this website, users agree that they will limit their use of such files to fair use, and will not violate FUNNEL’s or any other party's proprietary rights.
3. FUNNEL reserves the right to price donated pieces of artwork as they see fit, including price reductions and discounts. FUNNEL will consider and respect the artists' initial suggested price, but is not bound to that monetary value.
4. Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of FUNNEL's files is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from FUNNEL. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of FUNNEL. A usage fee may be involved depending on the nature and type of the proposed use.
For inquiries regarding research and photographic services, see the Research Resources section.
5. FUNNEL has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this website and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to this website. Users link to any off-site pages or other sites at their own risk.
6. FUNNEL may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Users are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically revisit this page to review current Terms and Conditions.
7. Limitation of Liability
FUNNEL has no liability for any damage, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising from or related to your use of the FUNNEL website.